Drumming Amazon

Drumming Amazon
Drumming DykeAmazon

Big Dyke from SF Dyke March

Big Dyke from SF Dyke March
MasterAmazon

Sunday, January 8, 2017

Tribe or Bridge Type Person

I have always searched for  my "Tribe", closest I felt was at Michfest and cried terribly during the last Spiral Dance because I KNEW my   Amazonian Dyke Tribe was going into the Diaspora, a pain I known as one raised Jewish. Felt the same at the Shabbat of Jewish Dykes there too, and cried throughout the whole Shabbat KNOWING I wouldnt see my JewDyke Sisters in those numbers in that capacity ever again...and the Service was MATRIARCHAL, could have the best of both worlds rather than constantly choosing...

But ultimately I have ALWAYS felt like a Bridge person, bringing opposites together or certainly disparate threads, never feeling too settled amongst any ONE community for fear I would be forced to conform and couldnt BE my Full Self in entirety.  Even as an Amazon Warrior/Witch, I was the wandering Amazon JewWitch, traveling between Dianic Circles because no SINGLE one was Home. I always needed a much larger more diverse Community as Homebase..like EWF or Michfest to Gather when MANY  different Tribes of womyn came together. And one on one friendships.

Very profound Heather Doney...

No comments:

Post a Comment