Drumming Amazon

Drumming Amazon
Drumming DykeAmazon

Big Dyke from SF Dyke March

Big Dyke from SF Dyke March
MasterAmazon

Sunday, March 27, 2016

What we Butches face: Response to another trying to shame us for not getting on with it and having feelings

The 55 years old here..Tomboy grew up to be Butch ALL MY LIFE. THE AMOUNT OF DISCRIMINATION FACED IS SOUL WEARING!! I am ONLY honored in Lesbian strong FEMALE environments. Michfest, other womyns Festivals..not even Dyke March with so many trans and men crashing it. We USED TO have Lesbian dances, coffeehouses, concerts, bookstores, play parties, 12 step meetings, karate schools ect ect ect almost ALL of them GONE. Places a Butch could thrive. 

I got beat down in my job year after year in the Trades..AS A BIG BUTCH DYKE..even though I originally went INTO the Trades because thats where I saw the Butches are and I would NEVER be required to wear feminine clothing, could earn a decent salary and get benefits...but year after year and especially the 2008 Recession beat me down so bad they wouldnt hire me. In Recessions they keep the good old white boys working..not Butch Dykes or minorities.

So I was forced to move cross country just to survive and not end up homeless. There is absolutely NO Lesbian community here and what little gay/queer community there is the Queer/Straight Alliance on campus all 20 somethings all identifying as queer, genderqueer or trans. Older Female proud Butches need not apply. And PFlag.

 ONE Butch running the show is just a token. And tokens can be taken out at ANY time.

I WANT a Sisterhood of Butches I can connect with and I did find it at Michfest this past year...true Sister Butches of EVERY stripe. Giovanna S. Capone and I connected in the Disappearing Butch workshop, as we have connected in other realtime Butch groups in the East Bay.

We are a community under siege..all too many want to transition from the pressure, the discrimination, thinking theyd have better opportunities passing as "men". But it is all a lie and has made the Butch community weaker...

So stop shaming us cuz your the big daddy in a certain group...we are FUCKING WORN OUT FROM THE STRUGGLE AND HAVE WATCHED OUR COMMUNITIES OF PROUD BUTCH DYKES BE FURTHER INVISIBILIZED AND DISAPPEAR!!'

Some of us went to Butch Voices too in Oakland and there was NOTHING for us Female Proud LESBIAN Butches..and all our workshops were declined. They'd all rather "genderqueer" or FTM.

I will still continue to teach my Amazon workshops at any womyns Festival I attend as a strong proud Butch DykeAmazon, but this Butch is real real tired of the struggle and very saddened at how much we have lost of our formerly strong proud Dyke communities that INCLUDED Female proud Butches....too many are hearing the siren song of transition...but this Butch DykeAmazon Warrior will not stop trying to weave our Butch Amazon Sisterhood together..and try to convince the young uns you CAN be Powerful in a FEMALE body/mind/spirit, you need NOT transition to have your Power!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment