Drumming Amazon

Drumming Amazon
Drumming DykeAmazon

Big Dyke from SF Dyke March

Big Dyke from SF Dyke March
MasterAmazon

Saturday, September 3, 2016

Female Proud Butches are Radical Too! Calling Out Discrimination By Certain Radical Feminists: Guest Post

A good Butch pal is calling out Radical Feminists who discriminate
against Butches who advocate by, for and AS WOMYN and she won't take it anymore!! Or Butch complacency.

"We have to be ever vigilant and unapologetic about butch woman bashing, erasure and genderizing (BEGing). For years, I was endlessly patient and reasonable in discussions on the subject. I was insulted, talked down to, piled-on, blocked, banned, dismissed as a liberal feminist and gender purveyor. That from women I had supported and been virtual "friends" with for years.

I stopped banging my head against that impenetrable wall when a woman, with high visibility in the online community, said to me, personally: "Butch is total BS". The woman was a key organizer of the Butch/Femme bashing conference in London. I have since found out that she is organizing conferences with trans as a way of making money. She's been a RFist for about five years, so she figures that's long enough to start cashing in. (Is it just me, or has anyone else noticed that RFism has become a cult of personality and a way of making a fast buck, including off the sale of butch women's hides?)

I'm not willing to be polite, patient, or complacent about that anymore. Nor, do I have patience with butch women who are tolerant of it in the name of some misapprehended version of  "Sisterhood" - What "Sisterhood"?  Since when did "Sisterhood" become a one way street and an exercise in self-negation?" -C.T.

No comments:

Post a Comment