Drumming Amazon

Drumming Amazon
Drumming DykeAmazon

Big Dyke from SF Dyke March

Big Dyke from SF Dyke March
MasterAmazon

Sunday, February 21, 2016

Where are you Sister?

I look for you everywhere I go. On the job, in the grocery store, at the hardware store, in the factory, at the restaurant.

Here you are rare and elusive.  I have one at home; but we are two alone. We have no community; but still I hunt and search for you elusive breed soul sister of mine in your Dykely sensibilities like me. The way you carry yourself, the way you take up your space. Your sensual Butch Being.

We shop in the men's department, we like big watches, our hair short,  boots and sensible shoes close to the ground. I think I see you;  but find you are with a man carrying a purse,  no, an imitation. Disappointed I recalibrate, these country women look like you but are not you. In my isolation I begin to mourn.

I have my mate but no companions, we are drowning in a sea of conservative hetros.  Others name themselves differently flattening their breasts hiding their plumage, imitating males;  but not you, that female juxtaposition, that rare breed of Amazon holding her ground, her strong female gaze, who breaks into new territory as a female.

My Butch sisters; everywhere I hunt for you and spy one in a Target, two at a small pride event calling themselves by male names but are they you? Will they hear the siren song of hormones and surgeries to pass as male? Leaving our tribe in the dust?

My love for Butch Dykes is my love for myself as one, and loving another;  but one cannot love what one what cannot see, forever an anomaly.

It is your strong gaze,  your powerful stance, the full embodiment of dyke unashamedly, some camouflage themselves for a moment as men for safety in the world, those who cannot see who she truly is;  but once in the safety of her Tribe  reveals herself  fully as Butch Amazon female taking up her space.

Where are you sister? Are these territories too hostile for you?

 You  who  break through every barrier men erect, daring to pass through them claiming new territory for yourself.  You who dare...It is your strength and defiance I love,  hearkening back to our Tribe of Strong,  Defiant women who love women, the Amazons of all time.....






No comments:

Post a Comment