Drumming Amazon

Drumming Amazon
Drumming DykeAmazon

Big Dyke from SF Dyke March

Big Dyke from SF Dyke March
MasterAmazon

Monday, May 7, 2012

On Separatism and the need for Separatist space.

At a meeting I was at today, I continue to fight for my WBW space, at least in regards to my workshops...but I'd prefer it overall at this event I attend yearly. One Dyke FELT she had to say, when I brought up the issue of our WBW identity and space, afterwards that she USED TO BE a big ole Dyke Separatist but no longer needed it, now that she's got a 24 year old male in her life, either her or probably her partner's son. One can have children in their lives, but STILL CRAVE womyn only or Dyke only space from time to time! And in fact our event is 5 days of womon only space, but unfortunately it no longer will be WBW space....

So here's Margaret Sloan-Hunter's short article on the NEED for Separate space, whether for Black Folks, Dykes, or Womyn! And yes, I used to know her, and admire her, and was very sad when that powerful big ole Butch Black Dyke passed! Enjoy!
http://www.feminist-reprise.org/docs/Sloan-Hunter.htm

-In Sisterhood,
-M.A.

P.S. You'll probably have to copy and paste the url to go to it....

No comments:

Post a Comment