Drumming Amazon

Drumming Amazon
Drumming DykeAmazon

Big Dyke from SF Dyke March

Big Dyke from SF Dyke March
MasterAmazon

Saturday, September 26, 2020

Ruth Bader Ginsburg

 There is a family connection to her death. Not only do I feel connected to RBG being a Bew York Jew born and raised,my father grew up the same time as her in Brooklyn  and graduated in the same class as her from Cornell. He too, did his post grad at Columbia University.


Like RGB, my Jewish Grandmother broke ground by becoming a School Principal for a public school in Brooklyn, before women were promoted to this position. I came up in NYC Feminism from the influence of strong women around me, from 1969 on, only being 9 years old. I heard the older girls talking about all this. 

Women who believed in themselves, each other and in pursuing their careers and lives, in persisting and not being held back by men or patriarchal institutions and who persevered like RBG did, and my Grandmother, and Shirley Chisolm running for President! Such women were and are a deep inspiration to me!

It enabled me to pursue my Black Belt, and a career in the Trades. The laws Ruth Bader Ginsburg helped pass or supported in her work, enabled us to have our own careers, apartments, credit cards and independence  AS independent Females, without needing male approval or males to sign for us.

I sure hope we can ADD to her legacy and her last wishes that herseat remain empty until after the new President is inaugurated.

Lets visualize her overlooking that seat along with Lilith, that it STAY EMPTY to such time that our new President BIDEN is inaugurated!! SO MOTE IT BE!!!

                 - The feistiest of AMAZONS

No comments:

Post a Comment