Drumming Amazon

Drumming Amazon
Drumming DykeAmazon

Big Dyke from SF Dyke March

Big Dyke from SF Dyke March
MasterAmazon

Monday, January 4, 2010

Mary Daly died January 3rd, 2010

Even though I didn't always agree with her writings, specifically some of the leatherphobic stuff...but I did agree with much of her stuff on Goddess worship, living the wild Radical Dyke life, being a Hag, a WildDyke, and outside the patriarchal thoughtprocesses and radically questioning them...she did inspire me onto the Path, when I read her book Gyn/Ecology at the tender age of 20 in my 'Women and Philosophy' class. It definitely influenced my thought process around Radical Dyke Feminism, along with Sally Gearhart's 'The Wanderground'.

Here's a quote from her about who and what she was:


"EVER since childhood, I have been honing my skills for living the life of a Radical Feminist Pirate and cultivating the Courage to Sin. The word "sin" is derived from the Indo-European root "es-," meaning "to be." When I discovered this etymology, I intuitively understood that for a woman trapped in patriarchy, which is the religion of the entire planet, "to be" in the fullest sense is "to sin." Women who are Pirates in a phallocratic society are involved in a complex operation. First, it is necessary to Plunder--that is, righteously rip off--gems of knowledge that the patriarchs have stolen from us. Second, we must Smuggle back to other women our Plundered treasures. In order to invent strategies that will be big and bold enough for the next millennium, it is crucial that women share our experiences: the chances we have taken and the choices that have kept us alive. They are my Pirate's battle cry and wake-up call for women who want to hear."-Mary Daly

Should we all be inspired by her WildWomon/WildDyke/Haglike example, and question all we've been taught and ALL our containers as Dykes and as Females. And so we all shall be Pirates! I've done the same, learning a man's skill to share with the womyn!
-In Dyke Sisterhood
-M.A.

No comments:

Post a Comment