Drumming Amazon

Drumming Amazon
Drumming DykeAmazon

Big Dyke from SF Dyke March

Big Dyke from SF Dyke March
MasterAmazon

Saturday, October 2, 2010

Butch and Proud

Butch and proud, and I've rejected femininity ALL my life. We are another version of Female, and for me, Butch=Amazon, not male, not trans. Period. There is no other definition of womonhood that even comes close to it for me....and I also lust and love other Butch Dykes....who are out loud and proud, both about being Butch and being Dykes, and while I don't agree with the butch writer on "Dykes Loving Dykes" Bev Jo on some matters, I found that section of her book very, very validating on Butch oppression. It is NOT something we can put on and take off..it is who we are at our core, since a very young age...at 7 rejecting dolls, at 10, dresses, at 12 never wanting to marry a man or have children, and always taking up my space, doing ice hockey when no other girl in the entire league did, and karate even full contact, when no other female in the dojo would, at the age of 15...and severely censored and harassed by family members, classmates, and teachers and the world for not being properly 'feminine'. I was a lifelong hardcore tomboy who grew up to be a Butch Dyke and when I came out I found a place that honored me, in a way no other culture or subculture does....along with other Butches.

As Female Identified Butches, we ARE organizing and taking back our identities, one Butch Dyke at a time.
-In Sisterhood,
-FeistyAmazon

No comments:

Post a Comment