Drumming Amazon

Drumming Amazon
Drumming DykeAmazon

Big Dyke from SF Dyke March

Big Dyke from SF Dyke March
MasterAmazon

Monday, February 20, 2012

On Being a Lesbian: My response to noanodyne's blog

Thank you noanodyne for saying what you've said above: it is EXACTLY how I feel about being Lesbian: I worship the Sacred Female from the sexual to the spiritual and on EVERY LEVEL inbetween: emotional, intellectual, psychic, ect....that I see everything through Lesbian eyes, whether it be sacred sexuality between myself and another Dyke, or it be worshipping the Goddess/Sacred Female and seeing Her presence in another womon, and wanting to be in the company of strong Amazonian Lesbian centered womyn who LOVE women, and love THEMSELVES AS WOMYN.

It is our revolutionary capacity to 'see into the Background' and another way of being, than the malestream and those who identify with it, will allow us to be. I too feel that Michfest and womyn's land, and womyn's ritual space is my home....and so often I feel lost, cut off and sad in the malestream world, and these days, in the 'queer' world as well, with so many wanting to transition to male, it hurts me to my core, to my soul. It is so hard to find this affirmation, as our spaces have gotten rarer and rarer and our Lesbian businesses and bookstores and isles of sanity have disappeared. I LOVE what you've written above, and it affirms how I feel that Lesbianism is my FULL LIFE PATH, it is my sexuality, it is my spirituality, it is my whole Being and how I see the world....so much more than those coming out now even have a clue of....and why they wonder why we defend our spaces so strongly against incursion, those of us who have been lifelong Dykes, and cannot be any other way!
-In DykeAmazon Sisterhood,
-FeistyAmazon

No comments:

Post a Comment